March 17, 2013

Meeting Me {a getting to know you post & link-up}

Thought it would be fun to share a few things about myself here on the blog AND then let you write and link up your own posts so we can get to know each other better! The linky and instructions will be at the bottom of this post but for now sit back and enjoy learning a little more about me! These are just some random facts in no apparent order:

~ I'm in my 30's now.....which still feels weird to say.

~ Been married almost 11 years (this month) and have 4 kids.

~ Was homeschooled all my life and now get to homeschool my own kiddos. Wouldn't trade either experience for anything!

~ Preacher's wife, daughter, and granddaughter. I guess it must be in my blood or something! :-)

~ Struggle with chronic health problems that often make every day tasks seem impossible and overwhelming.

~ Started reading when I was 4 and have loved it ever since! Books are a huge weakness/strength of mine.

~ We are a family with crazy, weird, multiple allergies and sensitivities. It's always a challenge trying to keep up with it all, as well as just deal with how it makes us feel.

~ Love just about any and all things natural whether it be food, medicines, cleaning supplies or whatever!

~ I have changed my last name twice since getting married. To the same man. (loooong story!)

~ I play the piano. Would like to learn violin but just haven't gotten around to it. Yet.

~ Had 1 medicated birth and 3 all natural  births and would definitely prefer the pain over the reactions to the meds any day.

~ Music and singing is one of my favorite things in life. God has used songs so many times to speak to my heart and also allow me to worship/praise Him. Thankful it's something I can share with my family as well.

~ Before I met Blake I prayed specifically for God to send me a husband with dark hair. (among lots of other things, of course) And He did! :-)

~ On our wedding day I was really sick and had to take medicine which made me sleepy. When the video zooms in on my face I look like a zombie with a dry mouth. Ha! The upside? I was so out of it I didn't even feel nervous or cry. The worst downside? Trying to sing with that dry medicine mouth. Fun times.

~ Have had depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and other emotional issues off and on for years. And it. is. hard. BUT I've learned that God's grace truly is sufficient. Even if I can't see it in the middle of the darkness, I can always look back and realize just how much it was there.

~ Took horse riding lessons at a local equestrian center when I was a teenager and now my 7 yr old just started taking there as well. With the same teacher and horses I had! So neat.

~ We went to an "out of the way" resort in Jamaica for our honeymoon. And there were honestly a couple of times I didn't think we would make it out alive! Privacy is great, but a little too much local culture for our taste. (think marijuana and machetes. ah!)

~ I always wear skirts or dresses of some kind. (except for my pjs/lounge pants around the house:) Trying to teach our girls that being feminine and modest, while still dressing cute, is way more important and pleasing to God than fitting in with worldly styles.

~ I love the beach and would probably choose to live there if I could. (an added bonus is it's always great for my allergies!)

~ I believe that God exists, created everything including man in 6 days, that first man sinned thereby condemning us all to death, then God's Son, Jesus, came to the earth to live a sinless life, died a cruel death on the cross in our place, miraculously rose from the grave in 3 days, and is now in Heaven making intercession to the Father for us.

~ I also KNOW that the Holy Spirit showed me as a 10 year old girl that I was a sinner and that I needed to ask His forgiveness and trust Him to save me. I'll never forget the relief I felt after bowing in that alter to pray! I'm more thankful than I can say for God's grace in my life. Every. single. day.

Well, I could go on and on but I think I'll just leave it at that for now! If you want to know anything else feel free to ask in the comments. :-)

Now for the link-up fun! Just write your own blog post with a little something about yourself in it and enter the info in the linky below. Easy-peasy, right?! (oh, and if you could link back to this post  on the blog that would be great too!) If you don't have a blog you can just leave a fun fact about you in the comments so we can still get to know each other better. Can't wait to "meet" you all!!


                                                           Tyra



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!