July 27, 2012

New Every Morning

Feeling a little more than overwhelmed the past few days for different reasons. Seems like last night and this morning it all just kinda came crashing in. But I'm thankful that when I don't have much left to go on in myself that I have One that never fails to help me if I seek Him. Just wanted to share what I was thinking on after praying and reading His word earlier. Maybe it will be a help to someone else who's struggling today......


"And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the Lord......(but then)

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord." (Lamentations 3:18,21-26)

"My flesh and my heart faileth, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26)

Something the Lord had shown me from those first scriptures a few months ago stuck out to me again this morning. It talks about His mercy and compassion and the definition of those two words and what they can tell us is amazing. Mercy is "the feeling that motivates compassion" and then compassion is "a deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering, usually with a desire to help relieve it". It blesses my heart and definitely gives me that hope when I think about knowing and serving a God who is not only aware of what I'm going through but wants to help me with it as well! And that doesn't always mean that things change for the better immediately, but it's good to remember that while I'm waiting, hoping, and seeking....He's having new mercy and compassion on me. Every. Single. Day.

The last verse came to mind while I was thinking on these other things. It truly feels like some days that my flesh and heart are failing and I just can't take anymore. But when those feelings become more than I can stand, He always reminds me I can just trust in His strength to carry me through. So that's what I'm doing this morning. Hoping in His mercies and compassion, waiting on His help and salvation, and leaning on His strength. Best of all I'm grateful that He showed me once again how great His faithfulness really is and that He will always keep His promise to never leave me nor forsake me.

It never fails to amaze me when I think about how gracious and loving the God I serve is. I may still be discouraged by some of the things we are dealing with right now, but I can't stay that way entirely when I realize what a wonderful Saviour I have. And remember how blessed I am to be His, no matter what my life's circumstances might look like! So thankful for His spiritual blessings on me today. And now I'm off to get the rest of this day started. With alot more hope than I had before. :-) 
                                              Tyra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!