September 26, 2010

Crazy Days

I seriously thought my next post would be to tell you all about Darcey being born, but alas it was not to be after all. My contractions did get harder and close together for awhile on Thursday(and have a couple of times since then as well), but eventually went the other way and ended up not being the real thing. Which while to be honest was a little dissapointing, when looking back was probably for the best since we weren't entirely prepared for it, I was very tired, and we've had a busy couple of days since then. Still I know she's only getting closer to actually coming so I'm gonna try to be ready for it anytime!!

As for the other craziness in our lives, Friday I got up and checked my email only to realize we were supposed to be meeting the homeschoolers after a show and tell to take pictures of the kindergarten graduates for this year. (of which Delancey is part of!) So I was gonna need to kinda rush around to get things done to make it in time for that. Then Dathan decides it might be fun to actually be in the show and tell so we had to leave even earlier! I was surprised that he wanted to try it, but very proud of him for getting up in front of all those people and taking part. Although he did say afterwards that he got so nervous his throat hurt and he wasn't sure if he wanted to ever try that again! lol He did a great job though and I think it helped for him to see the other kids taking part as well.
We also found out they were doing a field trip tour of the Nina and Pinta replicas after the pictures were taken so I decided to go ahead and go all out since I was already out of the house anyway. The kids really enjoyed it, but needless to say that in 90 degree weather after all of that I was ready to come home and just crash! I keep trying to remind myself that once the baby gets here we won't have any opportunities to do stuff like this together for awhile though so it's worth it to push a little and make some final memories with just the three of us. :-)

Yesterday was another flag football game for Dathan(which I really need to do a seperate post on sometime)and it RAINED! That was definitely a fun experience, especially since we had free tickets to the space and rocket center and had planned a trip there afterwards....and being soaked wasn't exactly part of the plan. We ended up making a quick stop by Target for the guys to get some dry stuff since they were so wet! Then on to the museum, which we hadn't been to for awhile (and never all of us together) so we had a good time there as well. We actually ended up staying out for most of the day and spending time with my parents in town. So another long day, but one which I'm sure the kids won't forget anytime soon so even though I was super tired by the time we made it home I'm still glad we did it.

That's about it for an update for now though. Blake and I ended up with headaches this morning (maybe the strange weather?) so we're enjoying a day here at home just having devotion, singing, etc and spending time together. So even though these past few days have yes been extremely busy and crazy.....I wouldn't trade them for anything else!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful and crazy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whitlows! Love your new blog. Happy belated birthday to Blake!! Hope you are posting some adorable new baby girl pics soon. Love & prayers,
    The Jordans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crazy days sound a lot like my final days before Elizabeth was born!!! I'm so glad to have her here in my arms! Can't wait for your little Darcey to join you as well!!! Just discovered you blog. I LOVE blogs!! Check mine out if you haven't already....
    http://wesleyandjenniferminor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!