March 25, 2011

A Peek at Our Week

Since I can tend to get a little wordy with my posts at times (ya'll aren't laughing right now, are you?), I'm gonna try to just do a sort of bulletin type post to share some things about the past week. So without further ado, here goes....

~Last Saturday afternoon we spontaneously drove up to Chattanooga and spent the night. Saw some friends, looked at cars for sale, and visited a great church on Sunday morning. Other than my allergies being horrible, Darcey crying half the time, and no one really sleeping it was a fun trip! ;)

~Monday was recovery day for me after getting back home late the night before and still having horrendous allergy problems. Needless to say, we didn't do a whole lot that day.

~Tuesday was our 9 year anniversary! It's hard to believe we've been married that long, but then I look at our kids and have to believe it when I see how big they're getting. Blake took off work and it was a beautiful day so we planned to go out and do something fun....until I woke up with my ribs popped out of place again. (it's the ones in my chest so it makes it pretty impossible to do very much without a lot of pain) We took the kids to my parents, I saw the chiropractor, we went out to eat, and then just came home to take it easy for a little while. And in case you're wondering, the ribs still aren't doing too great. Any suggestions on how to stop them from going out every few days would be greatly appreciated!

~Wednesday we had a homeschool field trip to a local planetarium followed by picnic and playing. It was so neat and of course the kids had a blast, even if it was cold and windy outside. Darcey had developed a slight fever and earache (which I'm hoping is just from cutting teeth) so my parent's watched her while we went. I miss taking her with us hardly any, but I know it's really better for her to be at home so she doesn't react to stuff. Hopefully we'll be able to get her out more one day soon!

~Thursday was an allergy treatment for Dathan and Darcey. We're trying to tone down the reactions a little for them both since they seem the worst right now. Although I'm thinking Delancey and I could use a few treatments as well since her exzema is acting up alot and I seem to not be doing good with chemicals and fragrance. (which of course are everywhere!) The rest of the day we just took it kinda easy since my ribs still hurt and the kids were a little tired.

~Friday (today) I'm up extra early with the baby girl, because you know my kids just don't like sleep for some reason. The bigger kiddos have been planning to go to the homeschool show n tell here in a little while so mom will be coming over to watch Darcey again so I can take them there. They practiced dressing up and giving speeches last night so we'll see if they actually do them. I'll definitely have to post about that later....it's gonna be great! :-)

But that's a look at the past week around here. Delancey and I have plans to see a "Little Women" play tomorrow with my mom and aunt so that should be fun too. All in all it's been a busy, crazy week so far. I think I'll be kinda glad for a break next week! Hope your weekend goes well and I will be updating again soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!