November 17, 2011

Things I Love {Thursday}

I almost didn't take the time to do a post today, but here I sit waiting for the kiddos to fall asleep so I figured....why not?! Before I get started with some of the lovely things around here I do want to be honest and say that there's been some not so lovely moments lately too. One reason for this post is not just to talk about how good things are but also to remind me to focus on those good things more and not just the bad. I won't get into all that since that's not the point of what I'm writing here but I just wanted to be real with ya'll first. Okay, now that's out of the way so let me share some of this stuff I'm loving. :-)

~ Warm, sunny days that we can still enjoy playing outside on even though it's getting closer to winter. (in which we may or may not have gone barefoot. ahem.)

~ Kids camping out in the living room just because and me realizing all over again that it's the little things that make them happiest.

~ One night of good sleep in the middle of numerous sleepless ones. (which by the way is something I would seriously appreciate prayers about for all of us....Blake and I are exhausted and these kiddos need better rest for their growing bodies!)

~ Little baby arms wrapped around my neck and hands that pat my back. Just when I need it the most.

~ Talks and prayers with the kiddos when we know we've all blown it with our attitudes that day. And being able to tell a difference afterward.

~ A God who doesn't fail me, even when I do Him. Over and over. So thankful that when He sees me, He sees the blood of Jesus instead of my sins.

~ Reading books with the kids before bed....and hearing them ask for just one more chapter.

~ Baby jabbers that are quickly turning into more words and even sentences!

~ A warm house, food, clothes, and so many other things we don't really even need but are blessed with anyway.

~ And a fun time with Grandma tonight at the Christmas celebration at Bridge Street! :-)

That's just a few of the things I love today. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!