February 22, 2011

Another Tasty Recipe

So here's another quick and easy recipe that I wanted to share with you all. You might already know how to do this anyway but if not then you really need to try it! It's homemade whipping cream and beats buying cool whip hands down. (which we don't anyway because of all the junky ingredients!) As a side note, it also is yummy with the brownies that I posted about a couple of weeks ago. Which means now you need to make them again, you know, to try them with whipped cream on top. lol I actually found this recipe in my Martha White cookbook and have definitely put it to good use! Hope you enjoy....

1 pint heavy whipping cream (I buy Organic Valley brand and it's yummy)
2 tblsp sweetener (we don't use alot of white sugar so I've tried agave nectar and turbinado sugar and they were both great)

Then you just beat at medium speed with a mixer (maybe about 5 minutes or so?) til it's forming soft peaks. You have to make sure it's thick enough so that it doesn't turn runny later but also not do it too long or you get more of a cottage cheese consistency. (ask me how I know...haha) And that's it!! Delicious whipped cream topping for whatever you want to use it for. The kids and Blake absolutely love it on just about anything. And it's great because there's not any added ingredients to make it unhealthy. So there you go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!