September 29, 2011

On My Heart

I've seen and heard so many things lately that have saddened me and also caused me to really think about what it means to be a child of God. I sometimes think it's easy for us to forget just how holy Christ was when He walked on this earth and that the reason those who were saved after His death were first called Christians was because they were seen as being Christ-like. I'll be the first to admit that I don't always do a good job of that. And I don't believe that in any way changes my salvation, but I do think it can change my witness to others and my personal fellowship with God.

I may get around one day to writing about some of the specific things that have bothered me recently, but for now I'll just share these verses that the Lord has kept bringing to my mind the past few days. I pray that us who are truly saved will choose to take these verses to heart, allow God to show us what they should mean in our own lives, and then be strong enough to do it. I'm thinking the next time someone asks why our family does or doesn't do certain things I'll just remember to tell them this.....

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority....."

It's not always easy and definitely not popular these days, but I want to be more willing to be peculiar for the Saviour who gave Himself for me. And maybe, just maybe someone else will want to know more about Him because of it. But at the very least it will also show how grateful I am to God for that amazing grace that brought me salvation, which I am so unworthy of. And if that means not fitting in either with the world or even other believers, then I want to be brave enough to do it anyway. For Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!