April 14, 2012

Busy, Blessed, and Behind!

Life is crazy around here as usual and although I tried updating several times in the past week I just never got around to finishing a post. I'll attempt to do a quick rundown of these last few days if I can....and maybe it won't turn out too long! :-)

~Dathan set off the alarm around 12:30 on Saturday morning while trying to go out the back door in his sleep. So very thankful that we have that in place with all his sleep issues but it never fails to scare us half to death waking up to it going off! Pretty sure Blake and I both had mild heart attacks and then of course took forever to fall back asleep ourselves.

~The rest of Saturday consisted of starting off slow after our crazy night, doing a few things around the house, and then me having to run out in town to pick up a few things for the next day. Only to receive a surprise text while out from a friend who thought she was going into labor! I finished up stuff in town and made it back home, but left pretty soon again to meet the at the hospital. We thought things would go quickly but you just never know with these babies! lol Ended up spending the night while waiting for the doctor to come break her water so her labor would progress....

~Easter morning we watched a beautiful sunrise and then got to welcome a new little life into the world! It was an amazing experience to be a part of. (and totally worth the lack of sleep!) The rest of the day we spent at my parents where we had a yummy lunch, let the kids play outside, and I managed to sneak in a little rest too. Not exactly how we had originally planned for the day to go (especially the first part) but definitely a good way to celebrate the Lord's death and resurrection!

~Next couple of days were mostly us hanging out here at home while I tried to recuperate from the crazy weekend. Then Wednesday we had breakfast with my parents at a cafe before going to a fun story time at the library. Thursday was a school field trip to the nursing home and a couple stops in town. Then back home to take it easy again....I think I was still trying to catch up on rest! :-)

~Friday morning I spent here at home with the kiddos and then had an allergy appointment that afternoon. The kids decided they didn't want to go so I met my parents on the way to hand them off. After seeing the doctor I hung out in town for a little while (shopping for maternity clothes and having no luck at all!) and then met Blake after work to watch a movie. We got to see October Baby, which was a great movie I would highly recommend to everyone! Even if you don't have a personal experience with abortion it is still just an awesome story of love, forgiveness, and letting go. Definitely a must see! (By the way, the PG-13 rating is supposed to be for thematic elements but there is absolutely nothing bad in the movie at all. Just to let you know!)

~Last night and today have unfortunately been me paying for being out around so many fragrances, etc while in town yesterday and I've battled with a killer headache ever since. Such is the price of having allergies! It's still been a good day here at home with the family though so I'm thankful for time spent together.

So there's my little catch-up post. I plan to share news about the kids, baby stuff, etc in the next few days hopefully. They are always growing, changing, and doing new things so I need to do a better job at keeping up! Still keeping us in your prayers with health stuff is always greatly appreciated. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!