June 28, 2012

Things I Love {Thursday}

Haven't done one of these in a couple of weeks so I wanted to take time to share some things I'm loving around here. Yes, some days are discouraging right now, but no matter the hard times I've come to realize there's always lots to be thankful for. So here goes some of our loveliness.....

~ Spontaneous hugs from my (big) little boy who is growing up way too fast.

~ The whole family watching my stomach move into weird shapes and everyone taking turns trying to figure out what body part it is. :-)

~ Hearing Darcey's vocabulary multiply every day.... especially when she says things like "I love you" and "momma's baby".

~ Listening to funny, crazy music and "dancing" around the living room together. The kids love it even though none of us actually know how to dance! (which is just fine with me:)

~ Delancey helping clean up something, cook with me, or doing other things....without even being asked.

~ Buying the exact same father's day card as my brother did. Priceless. :-)

~ Snuggling on the couch with the kiddos.

~ Heart to heart talks with Blake about life stuff.

~ Love notes from my biggest girl, baby arms wrapped around my neck, and seeing how excited Dathan is to be having a little brother.

~ Riding in the van by myself singing about the Lord and feeling the Holy Spirit right there with me. Totally worth whatever the people I passed thought if they saw my raised hand or tears. So very thankful to serve such a wonderful Saviour.

~  Going through little baby boy clothes and getting them ready for a new one to wear. (can't believe it's been almost 9 years since we had our first!) Best part was seeing how excited Delancey was about them all. :-)

~ Hugs from my hubby, just because. Back and shoulder rubs when I'm hurting. And the special times with his hand on my stomach feeling our baby kick around.

~ More food and clothes than we need. A nice, cool house in the heat. More blessings than I can really count or could ever hope to deserve!

Well, there's my list for today. It's amazing how much stuff I end up taking for granted when I let myself get caught up in all the bad instead of looking at the good. Thankful that God is still faithful and merciful though and just keeps blessing even when I'm not grateful for it!   

What do you have that you're loving at the moment?! Please feel free to share! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment when you stop by! We would love hearing from you!